Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Reindeer In a Barn Christmas Card

Happy hump day everyone! I know it's a little early for Christmas stuff but this was to cut not to share! Today's craft comes from Cajun Anngels Crafts:

I love cute things and this is cute! Saw this idea a couple of times on Pinterest and had to make it! I have a love of Christmas cards to make so I like to get started early. 





These adorable reindeer are made using the stampin up owl punch! I used the owl body for the heads and just cut off the little feet.

The eye pieces are the same for the owl punch, but I used the bigger eye punch for the noses. 

The antlers are from a cutting file I made of a small tree, but you can use any branch or leaf and cut in half. The antlers are also used to make the wreath which I donned with a little red ribbon. I did this bow myself! Lol I'm not the best at bows!

The noses are covered with Inkssentials glossy accents to make them Pop!

I used White Galaxy marker to dot in the freckles for the red nosed reindeer as well as the eye highlights. And a black fine point sharpie for the other two.

The planks of wood are brown card stock cut into 8.5 in strips by 3/4in strips. I cut the strips to different sizes angled the edges. Using a black sharpie marker I drew in the lock of wood curvy lines and swirls and the dots at the end to show the had been hammered in!

I went over the deer and the wood with Tim Holtz distress ink gathered twigs. 

Hope you like our post please like our blog and share it! Thank you 😃




No comments:

Post a Comment